Saturday, July 2

Chris Sarandon & Jason Wingreen


I tell you what, I could really get used to these two autographs a day-type days.  Today I received another autograph for my collection of The Princess Bride photographs from Prince Humperdinck, Chris Sarandon.  But for me, his work as Jack Skellington in Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas is what I will always remember him for.  'Nightmare' is one of my all-time favorite holiday-themed movies and I try and make a point to watch it at least once or twice during the Halloween and/or Christmas weeks.  Chris was appearing off-Broadway in Through a Glass Darkly with Carey Mulligan, so I sent my request via the New York Theatre Workshop last Thursday and am so glad my request made it in time.


In addition, I also received a nice reply from Jason Wingreen, who is known for providing the original voice of Boba Fett in the Original Trilogy of the Star Wars franchise.  Of course, as I'm sure you know, George Lucas likes to alter his once flawless films quite frequently as new technology becomes available, and Jason's voice was replaced by Temuera Morrison's (Jango Fett).  Buuuuuuut, I really wanted to add Jason to my collection because I've also got Jeremy Bulloch, who was the "body" of Boba Fett.  As with my request to Chris, I sent my request to Jason last Thursday and received it back today, along with a nice note about how he actually nabbed the position of Boba's voice (he originally auditioned for the voice of Yoda, but Frank Oz got the part instead).

No comments:

Post a Comment