Friday, November 22

Sir Ian McKellen

 
Few actors are as accomplished and critically-acclaimed as the one and only Sir Ian McKellen. Not only does he have two incredibly successful movie franchises under his belt, but he is also a talented veteran of the theatre. Currently, he can be seen on Broadway alongside friend Sir Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land and Waiting for Godot at the Cort Theatre.

Last year, Sir Ian journeyed back to Middle Earth to reprise his role as Gandalf the Grey in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. This December, fans will be able to see their favorite wizard once more, as the sequel The Desolation of Smaug is released in theaters worldwide. In 2014, both Sir Ian and Sir Patrick will be back on the big screen together, appearing in the highly-anticipated X-Men: Days of Future Past as Magneto and Professor X, respectively. Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry and Anna Paquin, as well as some others, will also return to reprise their roles.

I have been an enormous fan of Sir Ian McKellen for some time now (obv!), and I cannot wait to see his upcoming films. I only wish I lived closer to New York so that I could see his play and chance meeting him outside the theatre. He is a true gentleman, much like Sir Patrick Stewart, and I thank him for honoring my autograph request. LLAP.

Sent: November 2, 2013
Received: November 22, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment