Thursday, May 5

Margaret Colin

Gossip Girl here, your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite. 


Oh, how I love me some Gossip Girl.  It is truly one of my few guilty pleasures.  I usually never watch the new episodes when they air, but rather purchase the season sets and catch up during the summer months when television programming really sucks.  But today, I received quite the nice reply from Eleanor Waldorf herself (Blair's mother), the great Margaret Colin.  As I think I have mentioned before, I am usually always more interested in the supporting cast of characters than the main characters themselves, and Gossip Girl is no exception.  On the show, Eleanor is married to Cyrus (played by the brilliant Wallace Shawn) and the two have great chemistry onscreen.  The Thanksgiving and Seder episodes set in their suite are two of the funniest episodes I have seen.  In addition, I cannot wait to see what season four brings to the drama-filled lives of the 'Upper East Siders' as soon as the DVD set is released in the near future.

Ms. Colin is currently appearing in the Broadway production of Arcadia alongside Billy Crudup (Almost Famous, Watchmen) and Raúl Esparza (Law & Order: CI, Pushing Daisies) at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre.  I sent my request on March 17th and was beginning to worry I would not hear back -- but alas, I am so glad I did.  FYI: the play is set to close on June 19.

I am anxiously awaiting replies from Jim Parsons, Robin Williams, and now Kendra Wilkinson (after her recent boot from Dancing With the Stars).  Of course, I will keep you up-to-date regarding my latest autograph ventures, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment