Saturday, April 23

Walter Koenig


Received a great success from one of the few Star Trek actors of the "main crew" known to sign through the mail in addition to signing at conventions (another that comes to mind: Sir Patrick Stewart), The Original Series' Walter Koenig.  For those who do not know, Mr. Koenig played Pavel Chekov in Star Trek: The Original Series (TOS) and in all six TOS films.  He is one of the nicest men in the business -- heck, he'd have to be a true gentleman to sign free through the mail when he could solely charge at conventions -- and I am truly grateful to add these two signed photos to my ever-growing Trek collection.  I wrote Mr. Koenig in early November 2010 and while I was expecting to wait, I was certainly surprised to see his envelope in my mailbox this afternoon.


Here is a photo of my Star Trek wall (as I like to call it). I currently have autographs from the following "main crew" Star Trek actors and actresses:

The Original Series
  • Leonard Nimoy / Spock (signed card)
  • George Takei / Sulu (signed card)
  • Nichelle Nichols / Uhura (signed 8x10)
  • Walter Koenig / Chekov (two signed & personalized 5x7s)
The Next Generation
  • Sir Patrick Stewart / Jean-Luc Picard
         (not pictured -- three signed & personalized 5x7s)
  • LeVar Burton / Geordi La Forge (signed card)
  • Gates McFadden / Beverly Crusher (signed 8x10)
  • Marina Sirtis / Deanna Troi (not pictured -- signed 8x10)
Star Trek (2009)
  • Chris Pine / Kirk (not pictured -- signed & personalized 5x7 w/ nice note)
  • Zachary Quinto / Spock (signed 11x17 poster & 8x10)

1 comment:

  1. May I please have the address you wrote to? I am a Trekkie since birth and I'd love to add Walter to my own collection!! Thank you! DivaMonroeJackson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete