Friday, April 8

Dave Legeno


Received a nice reply today from actor/MMA fighter/musician Dave Legeno, who is (probably) best known for his role as Fenrir Greyback in the final three Harry Potter films.  Fenrir was an essential supporting character in The Half-Blood Prince book, but they really cut his part down in the film and it's quite disappointing -- especially after spending all that time on make-up and the overall look of the character.  Perhaps we will see him more in Part II of The Deathly Hallows this summer!


I had written to Dave once before, but I think something happened to my letter while in transit between here and London.  Anyways, I resent last November and am thankful I heard back -- he's a great addition to my Harry Potter collection.  In addition to signing and personalizing my photo as requested, he also wrote me a kind, short note on the back of the picture.  When I introduce myself in my letters, I always tell the specific person to whom I am writing that I am majoring in journalism and how it would be an honor to one day interview them.  I also asked Dave how long the make-up application took on a normal day...the photo of his note can be seen above, so take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment