Monday, April 18

Jim Belushi & John Larroquette

Received nice replies today from two veteran actors, Jim Belushi and John Larroquette.


Jim is currently starring in the Broadway production of Born Yesterday at the Cort Theatre.  He has always been great with fanmail, but I knew the reply would be quicker via Broadway and took this opportunity to write him.  For me, his standout performance was that of the "rough 'n tough" Santa Claus in Jingle All the Way with Arnold Schwarzenegger -- it is one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies and I loved the scene in the almost mafia-like "North Pole" where all of the mall Santas and elves met to assemble cheap, imported toys.


John is currently starring in the Broadway production of How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying opposite Daniel Radcliffe (for those wondering if I've sent to Daniel...no, I have not, but that's only because I already have three signed photos from when I wrote him via Equus on Broadway in early 2009).  While some might know John strictly from Boston Legal or Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, I am more of a fan because of his humorous performance as Lawrence Van Dough in Ri¢hie Ri¢h.  In addition, the reviews for How to Succeed have been incredible -- if only I lived in New York, I'd go see it in an instant!  There are so many of my favorite entertainers on Broadway right now, it's not even funny! But I've heard back from a good amount of them so far, so let's hope that continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment