Saturday, January 22

Thomas Ian Nicholas


Received one of my all-time favorite autograph successes today -- and you'll see why in just a moment. On September 11, 2010, I sent a letter, two 5x7" photos, and three index cards (each with a different question) to Thomas Ian Nicholas of Rookie of the Year and the American Pie films (he played Kevin Myers, my favorite character in those movies). These days, he can be seen touring with his band, TNB: Thomas Nicholas Band, and might I say, their music is quite good!

Today, I received everything I sent -- the two photos signed and personalized and index cards filled out with great, in-depth answers to my questions -- PLUS, he included a signed and personalized 4x6" promo shot, a promo card for his band, and a short note. It's successes like these that make this hobby so extraordinary. The waiting can really drive you bonkers, but once you hear back from some of your favorite entertainers, you feel like you're on a cloud. Many thanks to Thomas for such an excellent surprise on a Saturday!

Questions & Answers on index cards:
  • Question: Describe your perfect day.
    • Answer: Sleeping in is the first key component to the start of a perfect day. Followed by an epic breakfast. Or at least eggs benedict. From that point on, as long as I didn't have any deadlines, I would hang with friends and probably play some video games.
  • Question: Which American Pie movie is your favorite?
    • Answer: The first American Pie movie was my favorite of all three. I really thought that the story had the most heart. However they were all fun to work on.
  • Question: Which TNB song is your favorite?
    • Answer: That's a tough question. The first song that comes to mind is "Heroes Are Human." I wrote the song about my cousin who taught me to sing/play/write music. If not for him, I wouldn't have a band.

No comments:

Post a Comment