Friday, February 25

Frances McDormand & Harvey Fierstein

Received two great replies from two of my favorites in the entertainment industry: Frances McDormand (known for her AMAZING roles in FargoAlmost Famous Burn After Reading) and Harvey Fierstein (known for his hilarious performance as "Uncle Frank" in Mrs. Doubtfire).


Frances is currently starring in Good People on Broadway alongside Tate Donovan (The OCDamages). The show is currently in previews with an official opening set for March 3rd at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre. I cannot even begin to express how much I LOVED Frances's performance as Marge Gunderson in Fargo (a role for which she won the Best Actress Academy Award in '96) and, while I know I've posted this multiple times over the past few weeks, I've gotta post one of my many favorite 'Marge lines' from Fargo:
Marge: Say, Lou, didya hear the one about the guy who couldn't afford personalized plates, so he went and changed his name to J3L2404? 
Lou: Yah, that's a good one.
I sent my request to Frances just last week on February 16th and kindly asked if she'd sign my photo and send me a playbill from Good People if possible. And today, I received just that: both my photo and a playbill signed and personalized. I am thrilled to add her to my collection!


For those of you who know me well, you should know Mrs. Doubtfire is my second all-time favorite movie. Robin Williams is a comedic genius and his scenes with Harvey Fierstein were hysterical. Harvey is currently starring in La Cage aux Folles on Broadway alongside Jeffrey Tambor (replacing Douglas Hodge and Kelsey Grammer, respectively). This show has received INCREDIBLE reviews and I would love to see it for myself. As with Frances, I sent my request to Harvey just last week on the 16th and today, I received a photo of him as Albin from La Cage signed and personalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment