Monday, August 1

Alan Dale


While the name Alan Dale might not immediately ring a bell in your mind, I know you have seen at least one of his many films or television shows.  Trust me.  From his performance as Charles Widmore on Lost to Bradford Meade on Ugly Betty, Caleb Nichol on The O.C. to Praetor Hiren in Star Trek: Nemesis (my two personal favorites), I must once again reaffirm that this man has had one incredible career and certainly shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. 

I watched The O.C. religiously when new episodes were airing on FOX back in the day, and I must admit, it was quite easy to dislike the character of Caleb Nichol.  Alan did a great job as the conniving businessman, but once he and Julie Cooper were married, you longed for the episode when something shocking would happen that would break them up.  Unfortunately, that came in the form of Caleb's death...and then Mischa Barton died and the show tanked during its fourth and final season.  But you all know that story, I'm sure.

Ironically, I was just watching Star Trek: Nemesis for the first time this past weekend and was wondering if and when I would hear back from Mr. Dale.  I sent my request back at the end of April and, as is the case with every autograph request fulfilled, I am thrilled to add these signed photos to my collection. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment