Friday, August 26

Mackenzie Crook


Today put an end to my dry spell of autographs for which I've sent requests.  I received my photo back signed from British actor Mackenzie Crook, who is probably best known for his performance as Gareth Keenan in the U.K. version of The Office or as Ragetti in the first three Pirates of the Caribbean films (that's how I know him).  He was appearing in the Tony award-winning Broadway production of Jerusalem, which closed this past weekend after an incredible run -- so, naturally, when I noticed his name on the cast list, I knew I had to send a request.

While I thorougly enjoyed On Stranger Tides, the fourth installment in the Pirates franchise, Mackenzie's absence and the lack of his character's humor was noticeable and could have aided the film in being even better.  I sent my request to Mackenzie at the end of June, and while it was a little bit of a wait, I was fully expecting for him to reply to my request after the play ended (it seems more and more people are doing that these days).  Currently, I don't have too many pending requests -- Jerry Stiller, James Remar and Brooke Shields, to name a few -- but the new Broadway season is just around the corner with an AWESOME lineup of people I plan on writing (including Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Nixon, Rachel Griffiths and Eddie Kaye Thomas), so stay tuned! I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment