Saturday, August 6

"Sister Act"


You all should know by now that I am a HUGE fan of Whoopi Goldberg -- my day is incomplete without watching her and Joy Behar on The View -- because of her amazing performances in The Color Purple, Ghost, Rat Race, The Lion King, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Toy Story 3 and Sister Act to name a few.  I mean, Whoopi, Dame Maggie Smith and Kathy Najimy -- three of my all-time favorite actresses -- in one movie?! Pinch me, I must be dreaming! Therefore, I think it goes without saying (although I'm going to say it right now) that when it was announced the stage version of Sister Act would be heading to Broadway, I knew I had to write for a signed playbill.  Having said that, I had no idea how extraordinary the Broadway show would turn out to be.  Led by Ms. Goldberg on the creative team (she is a producer of the show and was a vital part in securing its Broadway stint), Sister Act was nominated for five Tony Awards this year including Best Musical, but lost to The Book of Mormon.

I sent my request to the stage manager on July 28 and received this reply a little over a week later! That means another playbill to add to the colorful collection (I absolutely adore the various covers).  This response gives me inspiration to send to the cast of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, another Broadway musical produced by the Divine Miss M herself, the one and only Bette Midler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment