Saturday, June 23

Angela Lansbury


Tale as old as time, true as it can be...

Today I received a nice reply from the one and only Angela Lansbury, who is an absolute legend of both screen and stage. Beauty and the Beast, Murder, She Wrote, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Blithe Spirit and A Little Night Music...I mean, where do I begin?? This woman is amazing!

Of course, I've loved her since first seeing Beauty and the Beast and I cannot believe I have acquired her signature on not just one, but TWO, photos! She is currently starring in the Broadway production of Gore Vidal's The Best Man at the Schoenfeld Theatre in New York, which has been an excellent venue in terms of fanmail, as I've also received my photos back signed from Eric McCormack and Michael McKean in a timely manner. I've thought about sending to James Earl Jones, who is also appearing in the play, but I've already acquired a nice signed and personalized 5x7" of Darth Vader from him some time ago.

With Angela's signed photos added to the autograph book, that just leaves three sleeves to be filled until I complete my second book of 96 (!!) signed 5x7"s. WOW. Can't wait to see what this week brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment