Saturday, October 22

Ann B. Davis


THE DRYSPELL IS OVER! Today I received a very nice, heartfelt reply from Ann B. Davis, who will forever be known as Alice from the iconic television series, The Brady Bunch.  I, like millions of others spread across the planet, am a HUGE fan of The Brady Bunch and Alice provided great entertainment during the half-hour block (My favorite Alice moment, which I mentioned in my letter, occurred when the Bradys were set to film a commercial for laundry detergent in their kitchen.  Alice, of course, prepped herself beforehand and when it was her cue to enter, she came twirling out of the family room with her hair curled and eyelashes batting for the camera.  Hilarious!). 


In addition, I was also a HUGE fan of the Brady Bunch movies made during the '90s (with Shelley Long and Gary Cole) that, in essence, made fun of the Bradys as they adjusted to life in the 20th century.  Well, not really adjusted, but the classic storylines from the 60s/70s were applied to the 90s and they were GREAT.  Most of the original cast members made cameo appearances in the first film, and Ann appeared as a truck driver who consoles a runaway Jan.  Which leads me to the photo I sent to be signed...since I could not find any high resolution shots from the original series, I decided to make my own! I reconstructed the classic grid with shots of everyone from the movies (except Alice) and inserted a nice photo of Ann in the center.  Beneath the grid, I added the tagline, "Some things may change, but there will always be one Alice Nelson," and a line for her signature.  I think it turned out great and Ms. Davis even commented on how clever it was on the back of my picture.  Needless to say, I'm thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment