Sunday, October 30

Rachel Griffiths


This is another one of those great successes that makes me thrilled to have started this hobby.  Yesterday I received my photos back signed and dedicated from the lovely Rachel Griffiths, who starred as Sarah Walker on ABC's Brothers & Sisters for five years until its unfortunate cancellation this past spring (the writing during the final two seasons just was not up to par with the first three).  Anywho, Rachel did an amazing job and Sarah was my favorite character until the end, so naturally I knew I had to write when it was announced she would be joining the Broadway production of Other Desert Cities (Sound familiar? That's how I received Stockard Channing's autograph this past February).  The show officially opens this Thursday at the Booth Theatre and I'm amazed at how fast I received a response (especially during the hectic time of preview performances) -- it only took NINE days! Awesome!

In addition to signing and dedicating my photos as requested, Rachel also left some nice messages on the exterior of my envelope.  She added "Do Not Bend" on the front of my envelope (which is always a nice thing to do) and also commented on my nice penmanship on the back of my envelope.  Rachel is the umpteenth celebrity to have complimented my nice handwriting, in addition to Joel McHale, Zach Galifianakis, and Chris Pine, to name a few.  And for those of you who have seen my handwriting, you better agree...because I certainly do take my time to make it look Purdy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment