Saturday, October 1

James Remar


I've been waiting for this one for awhile now, or so it seemed...Today I received my photo back signed and dedicated from the fantastic James Remar, who is known for his roles in television hits such as Sex and the City (Richard Wright, anyone?) and Dexter (as Harry Morgan, Dexter's mysterious father).  Sex and the City is an all-time favorite of mine and I've become addicted to Dexter over the past couple of months now -- heck, I just realized I received my photo on the eve of the highly-anticipated sixth season premiere of Dexter tomorrow night.  Y'know, I'm always amazed at how these things work out.  But back to Mr. Remar...remember Mortal Kombat: Annihilation? While not the most well-received film by critics, I thought it was awesome and James kicked you-know-what (remove the 'gr' from 'grass') as Rayden.  I watched that movie nonstop as a child -- and when I say, "as a child," I actually just watched it a couple weeks ago (I'm 21 years old and I still consider myself a child, haha) -- and while James actually replaced a different actor as Rayden in the second film (a move that usually never yields a good result), I think it totally paid off. 

So, Dexter...what a compelling show! I bought the first four seasons when they were on sale back in July and was almost finished with season one when school started and my free time diminished to almost nothing.  So I'm stuck on episode six or seven and I am eager to see what Jimmy Smits and John Lithgow bring to the show when they join in seasons three and four, respectively.  Once again, James has done a fantastic job each week on Dexter and I cannot wait to see what is in store for Harry Morgan.  If only I had time to find out!

1 comment:

  1. I care! I like it how--unless you get one from Comic Con--everyone who requests an autographed pic from him seems to get a different one from everyone else. (Here's mine: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/DRyelle/JR/Delicious.jpg)

    I'm glad to see someone else who liked him in MK2. I think it's a guilty pleasure. Cheesy goodness, even. (Speaking of that, did you hear they're making a third movie? Kevin Tancharoen [the guy that did the web series] is directing. Which means he'll almost certainly use the actors he had before. And not Jamie.)

    I really liked Jimmy a lot better than John. John was almost...overbearing? Out of the four seasons I've seen, I rank it 2, 3, 1, 4. (Part of my problem with S1 is that it has Jamie in a hospital bed, which--as a squealing fangirl--I Do Not Like.) I've seen S2 the most...something about the way Jen Carpenter and Keith Carradine play off each other is just too much fun. (I also love his dry humor...even if I dislike him.)


    I'll chat Remar any time...just let me know. :D

    ReplyDelete