Wednesday, December 28

2011: A Year in Review

As the year comes to a close, I thought it would be enjoyable to spend my day off ranking my favorite autograph replies over the past 12 months. While I will say this year was incredible for autographs, I have picked my Top 5 favorite replies (I thought a Top 10 list would be too easy) which can be seen below.


5. Brooke Shields
Date Received: Tuesday, September 6

I received Brooke's autograph on my 21st Birthday, which is why I consider her reply to be so special.  As mentioned in my original post, I loved her on Suddenly Susan and thought she was hilarious at this year's Tony Awards.  Brooke is truly America's sweetheart and I am thankful she signed my Morticia Addams photo since I am quite the fan of The Addams Family.


4. Marina Sirtis
Date Received: Monday, December 12

This is a pretty recent reply, but I was so excited to receive my photos back from Deanna Troi herself, Marina Sirtis.  As mentioned in my original post, I was planning on attending the 2012 Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas with hopes of purchasing both Marina's autograph and a photo with her, but now that I have two signed and dedicated photos for a lot less than they would have cost me out in Vegas, I am undecided whether I will be attending the convention.  Troi has been one of my favorite characters since first watching The Next Generation within the past few years (I love her accent) and, although I really would like to meet Marina in person, these two signed photos are keeping me at bay for the time being...and I stress 'for the time being.'


3. Joy Behar
Date Received: Tuesday, April 5

So what?! Who cares?! Well, I care!! You know I'm in love with Joy Behar and watch The View religiously, so you can understand how excited I was to receive a signed photo from Ms. Behar. Plus, now that her HLN show, The Joy Behar Show, is now a piece of history, the photo is even more special.  The co-hosts of The View are on vacation this week and I'm already going through withdrawals only three days into their mini-break.  Joy continuously brings the humor both on the show and on Twitter (follow her @JoyVBehar), and it only helps that I agree with her political views 99.9% of the time.  Again, so what?! Who cares?! :)


2. Jim Parsons
Date Received: Saturday, July 16

Oh, Jim Parsons.  I don't think I need to reiterate how much of an enormous fan I am of The Big Bang Theory and how much I absolutely love Jim's performance each week as the one and only Sheldon Cooper, but I actually quit our summer series of Rochester Survivor just so I could see the photo waiting for me at home.  I mean, the man has had an incredible past couple of years (winning a Golden Globe AND two Emmys) and I only hope he continues his flawless work on The Big Bang Theory in the coming seasons. 


1. Dame Julie Andrews
Date Received: Thursday, June 23

Words cannot truly express how absolutely thrilled I was to receive my copy of Dame Julie Andrews' autobiography Home signed and personalized after almost nine months of waiting.  She has been one of my all-time favorite actresses since first seeing Mary Poppins as a child, and I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have received her autograph since she rarely signs photos or other items.  Today, my book is proudly displayed on my entertainment center in my bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment