Monday, December 5

Kim Cattrall

The dryspell is over once more! I received an amazing reply today from the incredible Kim Cattrall, who is known for her sultry performance as Samantha Jones on Sex and the City (including six seasons on HBO and two very successful motion pictures), as well as Lieutenant Valeris in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and Linda Romanoli in Meet Monica Velour.  This is the second reply I have received from Kim; the first being from when I wrote her during the filming of Sex and the City 2.


The cast of Sex and the City, including Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon and Cattrall, ranks as one of my all-time favorite ensemble casts in television and movie history, and I pray for a third film reuniting the girls (well, if only I was a praying man).  Some may say the second film was garbage or had no heart, but in my opinion, those who diss the second film are not true fans of the series.  If you were true fans, you would welcome any opportunity to see the girls reunited once more.  She was HYSTERICAL in the second film and had me laughing every moment she was onscreen!

In addition, Kim was great as Vulcan Lieutenant Valeris in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.  She and Leonard Nimoy had great chemistry together (well, as far as the script is concerned), and I was debating on sending her a third photo -- a Star Trek photo -- but decided three pictures was too many and instead sent the two Sex and the City photos seen above.  Now here's the cool part...when I opened my envelope this afternoon, there were three photos enclosed: my two Sex and the City photos and a black and white photo of her from Star Trek! She must have read my letter! I am THRILLED.  And since it's a 4x6" photo, I may just frame it and put it on my Star Trek wall...I think it would look great next to my other autographs. 

Thanks Kim! Now bring on Sex and the City 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment